The Little Barn is a spacious, comfortable, holiday cottage on the beautiful Isle of Wight
It is an ideal holiday cottage for families or couples looking for a peaceful get-away surrounded by nature. You can kick back and relax or visit the many attractions the Isle of Wight has to offer – you choose!
Nestled in amongst farmland, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the cottage is airy, well equipped and has all you need for your self-catering holiday.
The owners, Susan and Richard, renovated an old barn and garage in 2009 and have worked hard to give the cottage hat home-from-home feel.
Together with their friend Karen (who manages the bookings) they take pride in their personal and friendly approach.
The Little Barn is a pet free, no-smoking building and we do our best to be as environmentally friendly as possible. As well as using eco-friendly products with refillable bottles, the building also has both Solar Panels and Ground Source heating.
You can easily reach the unspoilt beaches of Compton, Brighstone Bay and Brook by car. Or, you can walk along local footpaths to the coast and Downs right from the front door. We are right on the Round The Island Cycleway too and there are many cycle routes to explore.
Put simply, The Little Barn is a wonderful place to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life with easy access to all the activities and entertainment the Isle of Wight has to offer.
Prices start from £130 per night upwards, subject to seasonal variation and availability. Please contact us for the best rates or for more information (details at the top of the page).
Book direct with us and we can offer you competitive ferry fares.
Click here to find out more about booking your stay at The Little Barn.
For more details on our location and much of what the Island has to offer, please visit the Location Page.
The Little Barn accommodation
The Little Barn sleeps up to 6 people (max 4 adults) in 2 bedrooms. The main bedroom has a kingsize bed, en-suite shower room and great views towards the Sea and St. Catherines Down. The second bedroom has 2 single beds with plenty of room for a double sofa bed or a travel cot if required (please let us know before booking if you need these).
On the ground floor there is a large kitchen diner and sitting room, both of which have folding doors straight out onto the deck. There is a wetroom perfect for showering off after a swim.
Free fast wifi is provided and there is ample parking right outside the cottage.
To see photos of the interiors of The Little Barn, go to our Gallery page or you can watch the short video below.
Our Guests Say:
- “This is our 5th time to the IOW…but we have never stayed anywhere as amazing at this. We were blown away when we arrived by the space and the amazing views.”
The W family, Bristol 2021
- “The Little Barn was so fabulous…The gardens and house are so peaceful and relaxing.”
The H family, Bedfordshire 2021
- “Amazing property, close to everywhere!!”
Mr & Mrs H, Bedfordshire 2019
- “Beautiful property in a glorious location with everything you could possibly need – inside and out!”
Mr & Mrs Walsh, Essex 2018.
- “We had a wonderful half-term break here with our 3 children. House was lovely and well equipped making everyday chores with the children comfortable, easy and convenient. Would highly recommend.”
The Andrews Family, London 2018.
- “Brilliant location and impressive place to stay. Very well stocked with all you need for a week”
The B’s, Oxfordshire 2014
- “Wow! What a stunning place. You don’t need a TV here, just sit and look at the beautiful view! A sanctuary for the soul – we have enjoyed every minute…Your barn is beautifully appointed and the little touches have made this a real home from home.”
The B family, Cambridgeshire. 2013
- “What a beautiful, well appointed Little Barn! One of the best we have stayed in our 30+ years of self catering cottages”
Mr & Mrs L, Hereford 2014
- “It is not just a place of quality, but one full of soul”
The D family, Kent 2013